PLUS! Six reasons to savor this Six Nations cruncher
1. Tommy Bowe (28) has five tries to his name in this Six Nations campaign, bringing his international total to 24. The Monaghan man hopes to add to that tally against England at Twickenham on Saturday. Which will be nice.
2. Ben Foden (26). Okay, not Ben Foden but his missus, the delightful Una Healy. She may have just given birth but she’s still looking fit. Hopefully she attends the game because a few lingering shots of Una to break up the sight of 30 cauliflower-eared rugby players, will go down nicely.
3. Sean O’Brien. A one-man wrecking ball. He returns to the Ireland side.
4. We might get to see Chris Ashton (24) doing his patented swan-dive… and it might go wrong. Ashton may be a nice guy but slapstick comedy is better. Particularly the kind of slapstick comedy where someone gets hurt, not badly enough to take him out of the game, but enough to make it funny.
5. Rob Kearney (25) stirred things up nicely by declaring that Ireland are the “better team”. Fight, fight, fight.
6. Two of the best blind-side flankers will be on show in Tom Croft (26) and Steven Ferris (26). There’s no joke this time. They’re just great players we’re excited to watch play. Sometimes it’s just about the rugby.