By Josh Powell
Murray-mania is at an all-time high with Andy taking on Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final.
As Murray attempts to become the first player to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936 we’ve compiled the top 20 stats about the Scotsman.
- Since making his professional debut in 2005 Murray has won 22 career singles titles.
- He reached a career high world ranking of number two in August 2009.
- He has played Roger Federer fifteen times, beating him on eight occasions including six of the last eight meetings.
- He has served 570 aces on grass in professional matches.
- In his grass court career Murray has won 79% of his first service points.
- He has had 487 break point opportunities on grass but has only converted 41% of them.
- Rafael Nadal has knocked And Murray out of Wimbledon in three of the last four years.
- Last year his win-loss record was an impressive 56-13.
- In 2011 Murray ended the year ranked number four in the world for the fourth successive year.
- He has appeared in three Grand Slam finals and lost them all in straight sets.
- He grew up playing football and tennis and was offered a contract with Rangers but turned it down.
- Good thing he’s not meeting Novak Djokovic in the final. He’s played Djokovic 13 times and lost eight of them including the Australian Open final in 2011.
- Although he’s beaten Federer in eight of the fifteen games they’ve played Fed beat Murray in two Grand Slam finals.
- Last year Murray won three titles in a row for the first time in his career.
- After fourth successive Wimbledon semi-final.
- Going into this year’s tournament Murray had an 80% win record at Wimbledon, winning 24 of his 30 matches at SW19.
- Combining singles and doubles earnings he has made over $20.5million in his tennis career.
- In his career Andy Murray has won 75% of matches whereas Roger Federer has won 81%.
- So far in 2012 Murray has won 26 matches and lost nine, Federer has won 43 contests and lost 6.
- His girlfriend Kim Sears is mega-beaut.