- Andre Villas-Boas will welcome Harry Redknapp inspired target Jan Vertonghen (25) from Ajax once the Belgian defender has passed a medical. AVB has already added Gylfi Sigurdsson to the Tottenham squad. Spurs fans will worry though that Luka Modric is heading in the other direction out of the club.
- John Terry’s trial for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand begins today at Westminster Magistrates Court and faces a maximum fine of £2,500.
- Ryan Giggs says he is honoured to skipper the GB team at the Olympics.
- Premier League betting
- Olympics football betting
- Andy Murray is coming to terms with his 3-1 loss to Roger Federer (4-6,7-5, 6-3, 6-4) in Sunday’s Wimbledon men’s final. Federer equalled Pete Sampras’ record in wining the title for the seventh time.
- Ayr (2.00) Ripon (6.50) Roscommon (6.00) and Windsor (6.10) are under orders today ahead of the three-day Newmarket July Festival that starts on Thursday.
- All the odds on Monday’s cards
- Marcel Siem won the Alstom French Open with a final-round 67 while rookie Ted Potter Jr triumphed at the Greenbrier Classic after a play-off with Troy Kelly. Next up in Europe is the Scottish Open that starts on Wednesday while the John Deere Classic starts on the same day Stateside as the world’s top golfers get an extra day to prepare for the Open Championship with a Saturday finish for both.
- Open Championship July 19th
Tour De France:
- Britian’s Bradley Wiggins (32) lost his cool but retained the yellow jersey on Sunday night after questions about cyclists’ use of drugs. The foul-mouthed rant came ahead of Monday’s 41.5km individual time-trial from Arc-et-Senans to Besancon.
- Monday’s time trial
- Tour De France outright
British Grand Prix:
- Mark Webber is back in the F1 title race after an incident-packed Grand Prix at Silverstone on Sunday. The Red Bull ace saw off Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso to claim the ninth win of his career with team-mate Sebastian Vettel in third. The F1 circuit now rolls onto the German Grand Prix Sunday July 22nd.
- German Grand Prix
- F1 Outright