Paddy Power

Paddy Power refunds ante-post bets on Sprinter Sacre and Darlan at Cheltenham

by Sean Goff | November 18, 2012

SACRE BLEU!: Sprinter breaks the bookies at Cheltenham

Paddy has been quick to rescue punters hit by the double-whammy of Sprinter Sacre and Darlan’s withdrawl from Sunday’s Cheltenham card by refunding all ante-post bets on the pair.

Trainer Nicky Henderson was forced to pull Sunday’s two hot-pots from the Shloer Chase (2.20) and  Racing Post Hurdle (2.50) on Saturday night as ground conditions had turned against them.

Unbeaten chaser Sprinter Sacre had been heavily backed ante-post on his seasonal debut while the JP McManus-owned Darlan was all the rage for the Racing Post Hurdle having being punted into 9/4 favourite from 5/1 ante-post.

Paddy said earlier:

We have refunded stakes on all ante-post bets on both horses for all channels in singles and multiples with no limit for customers.  It’s been a fantastic weekend of top-class jumps racing highlighted by Al Ferof’s win in the Paddy Power Gold Cup. There’s still one day to go so let’s end it on a high!

And it’s not the first time Paddy’s been hit in the pocket by Sprinter Sacre. Barry Geraghty’s mount strolled to victory in the Arkle Chase at the Festival last March  costing us a cool £5m in the process.

Your comments and views

8 Comments

1. David Pipe exclusive: I’m hoping His Excellency can round off a great weekend | Paddy Power Betting Blog said on November 18, 2012 @ 11:28 am

[...] Paddy Power refunds ante-post punters on Sprinter Sacre & Darlan [...]

2. Robert D Bruce said on November 18, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Paddy,

If it didn’t have Rangers connotations I’d say “You’re simply the best, better than all the rest.

3. ken andrews (@kenmeister19) said on November 18, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

we here you again paddy, top class service

4. neil said on November 18, 2012 @ 9:08 pm

stop talking crap. how many people had money o ss at 1/6. great money back special alright

5. ANTHONY MORGAN said on November 20, 2012 @ 11:49 am

I am sure paddy power think the gesture was brilliant, utter tripe!!!, they would have been more generous if they had offered loyal customers the double odds offer that they offered (brand new customers only) on the big race!!!

6. FRANCIS MACDONALD. said on November 20, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

WELL DONE PADDY .

7. John Webster said on November 20, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

To the ones making unfair remarks … I had a £44 win 4timer with PaddyPower. The first 3 horses won including Al Ferof @7/1. The final leg was Darlan, so my bet went down. With any other bookie I would have received nothing back. However, Paddy’s kind gesture meant I was paid out for the Treble £1,421.54. How cool is that!!

You are the best and fairest Bookmaker. There is no question. Thank you very much.

8. strongrecyclingbalers said on November 20, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

This was a great gesture. I have lost so much money antepost in the past. PaddyPower seems to reward punters and does pay back, certainly more than any other bookie.

Last Tuesday, I placed a £44 win 4timer with PaddyPower. I had 3 winners, including Al Ferof on Saturday @7/1. The Final Leg was Darlan on Sunday and his withdrawal meant I had lost my money. Any other bookie would not have paid out.

However, PaddyPower’s Kind Gesture meant I was paid out on the win treble instead, with £1,421.54 appearing in my account.

Thank you very much PaddyPower. You really are the best. Thank you.