We know that Leicester fans are starting to believe
But this one could be a little too far fetched
Now, Paddy Power have been stung before by long shot winners. Quite a lot as you can see from our Punting Hall of Fame section here. But some weeks we see bets that are just too crazy to ignore.
This Stupid Punt section of the Blog is all about highlighting some of those loopy-looking bets at monster odds. All that’s required to make them click is a little bit of brains, a little bit of balls and a massive dollop of luck. Here on the Paddy Power Blog we’re all dreamers.
There’s a place in the Hall of Fame at stake if you can pull it off. You are the people who make the crazy look inspired and while you have the bravery to toe the line between ridiculous and optimistic, we can only stand back and applaud. Here are four of the most outrageous bets we’ve dug out of Paddy’s Premier League book this week and a few stats to try to back them up.
Marcus Rashford to score first and Manchester United to beat Villa 8-1: 1,500/1
We’ve one customer that’s thrown 70p on it
- United have only lost at home to Villa three times in 86 years. Their biggest victory has been 7-1.
- Rashford has opened the scoring in three of his six appearances so far.
- United have only conceded twice at home so far in 2016 while Villa have the lowest shot accuracy.
Leicester to beat West Ham 6-0: 475/1
They’re three wins from the title and two punters have backed this scoreline
- In the 125 league meetings between the two, there’s been one 6-0 scoreline, in favour of West Ham in 1923
- Leicester have scored six goals in a match twice since 2000 – within two months of each other against Huddersfield (6-1) and Ipswich (6-0) in 2012/13
- West Ham are conceding just 0.66 goals per game away from home. The last time they conceded 6 was against Reading on New Year’s Day 2007
Chelsea to beat Manchester City 5-0: 325/1
A London punter has £2 on this
- Chelsea beat City 5-0 in 2003 at Stamford Bridge. Nicholas Anelka and Robbie Fowler led the line for the Citizens.
- They also hammered them 5-1 in January in the FA Cup. It was only the third time since 2007 that Man City had conceded 5 or more.
- But two of those three have been to Chelsea in London – it happened in 2007 as well when Didier Drogba grabbed a brace in a 6-0.
Liverpool to beat Bournemouth 8-0: 500/1
One Welsh Paddy Power customer threw 50p on this
- Bournemouth have never beaten Liverpool.
- Liverpool have already won three games this season scoring 5 or more. All three have come away from home.
- Bournemouth’s record defeat is a 9-0 away loss to Luton Town in 1982. 8-0 would be their record home defeat.
Aston Villa can be officially relegated on Saturday and United could well do it in style.
Chelsea have been unstoppable at home under Hiddink and have beaten City by 5 before.
Leicester are just really good at football.
But even though they became the best team ever against Dortmund, surely not even Liverpool can score eight?!
Get yourself a place in the Hall of Fame by checking out the latest Premier League odds here